The plan was to leave the docks this morning at 5.45 am to meet customs at 6.00 am. After a long evening of final preparations we were officially ready to leave for Fiji. We set the alarms for 05:30 this morning and tucked in for a short night.
The plan was to leave the docks this morning at 05.45 am to meet customs at 6.00 am. After a long evening of final preparations we were officially ready to leave for
"Hi Adam, looking at the latest model run, the low has deepened with an increase in the wind now expected to increase to SW 33-38 possibly 35-40 knots late on the 17th (gmt)and not to drop until 0900-1200 on the 18th as it backs to the south. This indicates that to avoid the strong wind you should delay until 0900 18th, or at least wait until the 18th local time to see how the wind has developed.”
That was enough for us to quickly get back in bed and wait another day before departing. After all, we are sailing with four kids and this is going to be a fun sailing holiday. This gave us all an unexpected day off. We took the kids to Motat, a very cool technical museum. And John and Sharon took the kids to a birthday party they had originally cancelled. All good. Well maybe not all, because Renee and her dad were actually on the dock at 05:45 this morning to see us off…